Some early observations from the WSU/Vandy game:
- About 12 minutes in and I'm wondering: Where the heck are all those 3s? Vandy's taken just six so far, and made none.
- The Cougs are winning the battle of wills at the moment, as the game is being played at a pace to their liking. Aron Baynes has been very effective so far, drawing fouls inside and getting some rebounds on the defensive end. They'll need more of that from him.
- I'm a little irritated that the Cougs are being a bit careless with the ball (already six turnovers), and that they're giving up offensive rebounds, but they're doing a nice job defensively so far. It's been four minutes since Vandy scored.
- The refs need to swallow their whistles a bit. Lots of ticky-tack stuff being called so far, and I don't get the sense that either one of these teams wants to play that kind of game. Both are OK with a physical game.
- Welcome back Daven Harmeling! Hit another couple of those, would ya?