Just thought I'd pass along some of the other reaction to last night's draft. Nationally, the Sonics' trade of Ray Allen and drafting of Kevin Durant and Jeff Green is being hailed as a success. Locally, many are left scratching their heads, the way I was last night.
And, by the way: Carl Landry (the second round pick that didn't make any sense whatsoever) was traded to Houston for a future second rounder and cash. So now that makes a lot more sense.
- The News Tribune's John McGrath agrees with me.
- Fans at the draft party felt like I did.
- The Seattle Times' Jerry Brewer thinks sending Allen away was the right move.
- The Times' other columnist, Steve Kelley, concurs -- he thinks the Sonics actually got better last night.
- The Seattle P-I's Art Thiel says this better not be it.
- Pete Nussbaum at SupersonicSoul says faith is the best course of action after last night's initial outrage.
- SonicsCentral.com also believes this was the right time to trade Allen.
- Seth over at Enjoy the Enjoyment likes the moves.
- ESPN.com's Chad Ford gives the Sonics an A- for their two draft picks and the trade.
- So does Sportsline.com's Tony Mejia.
- ESPN.com's David Thorpe gives them an A+, via True Hoop.
- Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix disagrees, labeling the Sonics as one of his losers.